Baby cry and baby die
Baby cry and baby die.
We fight useless wars.
USA spend 1.2 trillion on war. 10% of war budget could feed the hungry in our world.
Every 3.6 seconds someone will die from starvation.
1.5 million kids will died from starvation this year.
Mother cried in forgotten places and no-one is listening.
7.6 million will died from starvation this year.
Some world leader are proud of this number.
Better than 10 years ago.
I’m Ojibwa/Mexican and i believe.
We are one people and we live on one planet.
One child lost should break our heart.
11% of the USA people go to sleep knowing hunger.
Last year the rich made 4.2 trillion profit. Most in the history of the USA.
We have a rich man President, Congress and Senate.
Multi-millionaires are running the USA.
They will blind us by internal conflicts like Syria. Not of our business. This is United nation business.
Where are the men of peace and love.
Killed before they could accomplish their mission.
USA is falling down.
Part-time jobs with low pay.
Best way to keep a dog down. Give them little as possible.
I don’t know how to fix this problem. In a profit and gain world.
Poor people are tools for the rich people.
Starvation is a bad death. I left the definition below.
Time for change. United Nation need to work on the real problems.
Every 3.6 second. Someone die a horrible death.
Does anyone care??
has two components, necessary nutrients and energy in the form of
calories. It is possible to ingest enough energy without a well-balanced
selection of individual nutrients and produce diseases that are
noticeably different from those resulting from an overall insufficiency
of nutrients and energy. Although all foods are a source of energy for
the human body, it is possible to consume a seemingly adequate amount of
food without getting the required minimum of energy (calories). For
example, marasmus is the result of a diet that is deficient mainly in
energy. Children who get enough calories, but not enough protein have
kwashiorkor. This is typical in cultures with a limited variety of foods
that eat mostly a single staple carbohydrate like maize or rice. These
conditions overlap and are associated with multiple vitamin and mineral
deficits, most of which have specific names and set of problems
associated with them.
- Marasmus produces a very skinny child with stunted growth.
- Children with kwashiorkor have body fat, an enlarged liver, and
edema—swelling from excess water in the tissues. They also have growth
- Niacin deficiency produces pellagra characterized by diarrhea, skin rashes, brain dysfunction, tongue, mouth and vaginal irritation, and trouble swallowing.
- Thiamine (Vitamin B1) deficiency causes beriberi, which can appear as heart failure and edema, a brain and nerve disease, or both.
- Riboflavin deficiency causes a sore mouth and throat, a skin rash, and anemia.
- Lack of vitamin C (ascorbic acid)—scurvy—causes hair damage,
bleeding under the skin, in muscles and joints, gum disease, poor wound
healing, and in severe cases convulsions, fever, loss of blood pressure, and death.
- Vitamin B12 is needed to keep the nervous system working properly. It and pyridoxine (vitamin B6) are both necessary for blood formation.
- Vitamin A deficiency causes at first loss of night vision and
eventually blindness from destruction of the cornea, a disease called
- Vitamin K is necessary for blood clotting.
- Vitamin D regulates calcium balance. Without it, children get rickets and adults get osteomalacia.
Causes and symptoms
- anorexia nervosa, which is an eating disorder characterized by extreme calorie restriction
- intentional fasting
- inability to obtain food (famine; child abuse; aftermath of war or other disaster; being lost in wilderness or desert areas)
- severe gastrointestinal disease
by breaking down its own fat and eventually its own tissue, a whole
host of symptoms can appear. The body’s structure, as well as its
functions, are affected. Starved adults may lose as much as 50% of their
normal body weight.
- shrinkage of such vital organs as the heart, lungs, ovaries, or testes, and gradual loss of their functions
- chronic diarrhea
- reduction in muscle mass and consequent weakness
- lowered body temperature combined with extreme sensitivity to cold
- decreased ability to digest food because of lack of digestive acid production
- irritability and difficulty with mental concentration
- immune deficiency
- swelling from fluid under the skin
- decreased sex drive
death within eight to 12 weeks. In the final stages of starvation, adult
humans experience a variety of neurological and psychiatric symptoms,
including hallucinations and convulsions, as well as severe muscle pain and disturbances in heart rhythm.
children, chronic malnutrition is marked by growth retardation. Anemia
is the first sign to appear in an adult. Swelling of the legs is next,
due to a drop in the protein content of the blood. Loss of resistance to
infection follows next, along with poor wound healing. There is also
progressive weakness and difficulty swallowing, which may lead to
inhaling food. At the same time, the signs of specific nutrient
deficiencies may appear.
the degree of malnutrition is severe, the intestines may not tolerate a
fully balanced diet. They may, in fact, not be able to absorb adequate
nutrition at all. Carefully prepared elemental diets
or intravenous feeding must begin the treatment. A formula consisting
of 42% dried skim milk, 32% edible oil, and 25% sucrose plus
electrolyte, mineral, and vitamin supplements is recommended for the
first phase of refeeding. The treatment back to health is long and first
begins with liquids. Gradually, solid foods are introduced and a daily
diet providing 5,000 calories or more is instituted.
can recover from severe degrees of starvation to a normal stature and
function. Children, however, may suffer from permanent mental retardation