Lê Vĩnh Tài | NIGHT & THE CONTINUING FALLING VERSES – ĐÊM VÀ NHỮNG KHÚC RỜI (10)
Powerful poetry shared. Please read.
By Lê Vĩnh Tài, translation by Nguyễn Thị Phương Trâm
NB. April 30th, 1975, marks the fall of Saigon.
(1) membership to the communist party
(2) the new government took homes and estates, owners and their families were displaced to border forest land to farm.
(3) less digestible barley was used to supplement rice
(4) re-education camps were for ex-military of the ARVN(Army of the Republic of Vietnam)
(5) an exodus of Vietnamese refugees via the Gulf of Thailand
(6) people used to smuggle all kinds of food and other essentials from the country to sell in the metropolitan areas due to rations.
ĐÊM VÀ NHỮNG KHÚC RỜI CỦA… (10)
days like these
April, a reminder
the big brothers
generally returns each in a sealed box
friends gathered around the wet eyes
the long goodbyes.
so their Mothers could see
how they’ve rushed putting the boxes together
the elevated paradise
View original post 5,195 more words